Guest Post Agreement
Thank you for showing interest in writing a guest post for us. We’re glad you’re here.
Please take a moment to review this entire page as it explains the guidelines, the submission process, and other important details.
This will ensure that your submission meets what we’re looking for and improve your chances of getting the article published on our website.
About the Ranktracker blog
The Ranktracker blog has been a go-to resource for online marketing and advertising. Here are some things to know!
- Our audience: Marketers, advertisers, business owners, or students looking to learn and improve in the digital marketing and advertising space. Particularly for small to medium-sized businesses and marketing agencies.
- Our tone: Our blog is authoritative and informative but friendly and fun to read. Conversational writing is our style—think approachable expert.
- Our topics: B2B, content, copywriting, ecommerce, landing pages, lead gen and conversion, marketing ideas/strategies/psychology, organic social media, PPC (search, display, social, cross-channel), SEO, website content (we do not cover topics related to app/website development).
- Our posts: We publish a wide variety of post types, including (but not limited to!):
- New or different angles on common topics.
- First-hand accounts of experiments/strategies/tests
- How-to guides/cheat sheets for techniques and platforms.
- Lists of tips, tools, or compelling strategies.
- Industry trends, data, and insights.
- Vertical-specific advice.
- Creative ideas and real examples.
Article guidelines / Guest post requirements
We love guest posts, but we do get a high volume of requests on a daily basis. As such, Ranktracker only accepts posts that are high-quality, timely, accurate, actionable, original, and resonate with our audience. Here are some best practices that will help us to respond to you faster and, if your topic is a go, get it published sooner.
1. Get a feel for our style
Please do this! To get a feel for not only our topics, but also our tone and basic format (short intros, lots of headings and subheadings, short paragraphs, value-adding images, etc.). Read a few posts in full, and then do some skimming and exploring.
2. Make sure we haven’t already covered your idea
We’ve been around for over a decade, so this is a must! If we have covered your topic, we may still be interested if you can offer something more up-to-date or approach it with a fresh angle or different perspective. The best way to see if we’ve covered your topic is to do a site search on Google:
3. Check our specs
Here’s what we want!
- Sufficient length: 1,500 words minimum (but don’t add fluff if you don’t hit that mark)
- Short intro: ~150 words. Introduce your topic and then tell the reader what the post will cover.
- Explain your points / ideas thoroughly
- Give practical and actionable tips
- Backup up your points with research and real-life data
- Link to supporting resources and other helpful guides online - Only DR 50+
- links can be added. Links cannot be added in the intro section of the blog.
- Add internal links to our tools, guides & blog posts - 3 minimum
- Links to competitor sites will not be added.
- Make sure there are no spelling or grammar mist
- Friendly tone: Conversational, not corporate!
- High quality: 100% Original, actionable, organized, and accurate!
- Skimmability: Headings, subheadings, short paragraphs, etc.
- Please use sentence case with your headings!
- Short bio: 1-3 sentences. You can include links to your website or social accounts.
- Images: NO STOCK IMAGES. Images should add value by illustrating concepts and data. A Google image search should be more than sufficient; just be sure to cite the image source link under the image. We require 3 minimum images throughout the article. Screenshots of our tool via the article where possible.
- Submit the article via Google docs, public link.
Here’s what we DON’T want!
- Too many backlinks: You can include a maximum of 3 per post, to YOUR site. That includes the link in your bio.
- External links to sites other than your own are okay for citing images and stats. They are not okay for earning that site a backlink.
- Thin content that demonstrates a lack of depth of knowledge on a topic.
- Fluff: redundant, filler words, uses many words to say little.
- Overly promotional content.
- Previously published or sponsored content.
- Stock images! (Worth mentioning again).
- Write purely for search engine
- Include affiliate link in your article
- We don’t add links to Casino/CBD/Gambling/Crypto sites
- Add links to low-quality content (we will remove it)
- Include stock photos that add no value to your writings
What to expect
We get a large volume of guest pitches, so please be patient with us throughout the process.
- Pitch response: If your pitch is chosen, we’ll do our best to respond within 1-2 days. Please follow up in 1 week if you haven’t heard from us.
- Outline: Once we nail down the topic and title, we’ll request an outline. If the outline is approved, you’ll get drafting!
- Draft: If the draft meets our quality standards, we’ll move on to editing. If the draft does not meet our quality standards (i.e., it is thin content and/or cannot be improved without heavy edits), we will let you know that we cannot move forward with the post.
- Edits: We will edit the content to align with our standards as well as the Ranktracker style guide. If we need anything on your end— a better quality image, a change to a section, or further elaboration on something, we’ll let you know.
- Publishing: Depending on the level of edits needed and our content calendar needs, your post could get published anywhere from 2-4 weeks after you’ve submitted it. This can be longer if we are particularly backlogged.
- Translation: We translate the article into the following languages:
- English (English)
- German (Deutsch)
- Spanish (Español)
- French (Français)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Nederlands (Nederlands)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Português)
- Swedish (Svenska)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Chinese (中文)
- Bulgarian (Български)
- Czech (Čeština)
- Danish (Dansk)
- Greek (Ελληνικά)
- Estonian (Eesti)
- Finnish (Suomi)
- Hungarian (Magyar)
- Indonesian (Indonesia)
- Lithuanian (Lietuvių)
- Latvian (Latviešu)
- Romanian (Română)
- Slovak (Slovenčina)
- Slovenian (Slovenščina)
- Ukrainian (Українська)
Ready to pitch?
Send an email to [email protected]
Here’s what to include:
- GUEST PITCH in the subject line
- A little about yourself: What experience or expertise will you be drawing from in your post?
- Proposed ideas: Topic ideas are great, title ideas are even better!
- Writing samples: Please link to at least one existing publication.
We’re looking forward to learning from and working with you!
Ownership and credit
If your article is accepted and published, your information will appear along with it. As such, make sure to also include the following along with your article submission:
- A photo of yourself
- A short biography (no more than 200 words)
- A link to your website
- Links to your social media channels
- Everything submitted and published by us will remain your property. You understand and agree that you give us an exclusive right to use the article and related materials as per this agreement. However, you are allowed to republish the article on your own website at any time after it’s been published on our website.
- If not it will be posted as - Felix Rose-Collins
We’ll do our best to review all submitted articles as quickly as possible. However, due to a large number of article submissions we receive on a regular basis, it may take a while to get back to you so please be patient and don’t resubmit the same article multiple times.
Not all submitted articles will be accepted. We reserve the right to refuse any article at our sole discretion. If your article is not accepted, we’ll get in touch with you to let you know so you could possibly make another submission.
If your article is accepted, it will be added to our publication queue and published according to its schedule. We’ll send you a notification when that happens. We may also republish your article on our affiliate and partner websites.
Note that we reserve the right to make corrections and changes in the article as we see fit (such as its format, wording, spelling, etc).
Promotion and engagement
Once your article is published, we’ll promote it to our audience for wider exposure and better engagement. This may include sending a newsletter, posting on your social media channels, making an announcement or linking to it from your own website.
You must take active part in replying to all comments left for your article, respond to questions, and otherwise engage with the audience for the first 4 weeks since its publication.
This guest post agreement (“Agreement”) sets forth the general guidelines, requirements, terms, conditions, rights, and obligations when you (“Writer”, “you” or “your”) wish to submit a guest post article (“Article”) for the ranktracker.com website (“website”). This Agreement is legally binding between the you and Ranktracker LTD (“Ranktracker LTD”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of a business or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to this agreement, in which case the terms “writer”, “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with the guidelines, terms, conditions, rights, or obligations, you must not accept this agreement and may not submit any articles.
By submitting an article for publishing on the website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. You acknowledge that this Agreement is a contract between you and Ranktracker LTD, even though it is electronic and is not physically signed by you, and it governs your article submissions and publishings.
Independent contractor status
Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be interpreted as creating or establishing any partnership or joint venturers. You acknowledge that you act as an independent contractor. You are not considered an employee and are not entitled to participate in any employee plans, arrangements, or distributions by Ranktracker LTD. You must not act as an agent of Ranktracker LTD and must not provide any services under the name of Ranktracker LTD.
You must not under any circumstances enter into any agreements on behalf of Ranktracker LTD, incur any obligations on behalf of Ranktracker LTD, act for or to bind Ranktracker LTD in any way, sign the name of Ranktracker LTD, represent that Ranktracker LTD is in any way responsible for your acts or omissions refer to Ranktracker LTD as a customer in any manner or format, or use our logo or name in a way that implies that you and Ranktracker LTD are partners or that we have endorsed you, your website or your products or services. You must obtain express written permission for any use of the logos, trademarks, or other intellectual property that belong to Ranktracker LTD.
Ownership of intellectual property
Upon submitting an Article, you transfer all of its ownership rights to Ranktracker LTD and give Ranktracker LTD a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, and fully sub-licensable right and license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, use, perform, make derivative works of or otherwise use the Article and likeness in any form, media or technology, now known or later developed for any purpose including commercial purposes.
Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Ranktracker LTD, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, suppliers or licensors be liable to any person for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, cover, or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, revenue, sales, goodwill, use of the content, impact on business, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity) however caused, under any theory of liability, including, without limitation, contract, tort, warranty, breach of statutory duty, negligence or otherwise, even if the liable party has been advised as to the possibility of such damages or could have foreseen such damages. You assume all legal liability for the accuracy, scope, quality, and any possible outcomes as a result of or relating to your Article.
You agree to indemnify and hold Ranktracker LTD and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, suppliers, and licensors harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages, or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred in connection with or arising from any third party allegations, claims, actions, disputes, or demands asserted against any of them as a result of or relating to your Article, your use of the Services or any willful misconduct on your part.
All rights and restrictions contained in this Agreement may be exercised and shall be applicable and binding only to the extent that they do not violate any applicable laws and are intended to be limited to the extent necessary so that they will not render this Agreement illegal, invalid or unenforceable. If any provision or portion of any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it is the intention of the parties that the remaining provisions or portions thereof shall constitute their agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all such remaining provisions or portions thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
Dispute of resolution
The formation, interpretation, and performance of this Agreement and any disputes arising out of it shall be governed by the substantive and procedural laws of Bulgaria without regard to its rules on conflicts or choice of law and, to the extent applicable, the laws of Bulgaria. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter hereof shall be the courts located in Bulgaria, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. You hereby waive any right to a jury trial in any proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement.
You may not assign, resell, sub-license or otherwise transfer or delegate any of your rights or obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent, which consent shall be at our own sole discretion and without obligation; any such assignment or transfer shall be null and void. We are free to assign any of its rights or obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, to any third party as part of the sale of all or substantially all of its assets or stock or as part of a merger.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement or its terms at any time at our discretion. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. An updated version of this Agreement will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Agreement unless otherwise specified. Your future Article submissions after the effective date of the revised Agreement (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes.
Acceptance of these terms
You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. By submitting an Article for publishing on the website, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you must not accept this agreement and may not submit any Articles.
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding this Agreement, we encourage you to contact us using the details below: