In an ever-evolving, technologically advanced world, one of the best ways for businesses of all sizes to garner the attention needed to thrive and survive, despite the competition is to utilize refined search engine marketing strategies.
In 2023, it is more critical than ever for companies to strategize while building a solid plan that helps them rank higher on search engines, connect with consumers, and reach relatively new audiences.
If you want to make this year your year to boost efforts and see lasting results that can benefit your business for years to come, check out these 7 search engine marketing strategies you need to know that can make such a difference!
1. The Use of Long-Tail Keywords
Long-tail keywords typically contain three or more words, each laser focusing on a specific niche. While initially considered unpopular and less common than traditional keywords consisting of one, two, or three words, many advantages come along with using long-tail keywords.
What Are the Advantages of Long-Tail Keywords?
In the past, people avoided long-tail keywords and believed they were not valuable because they got less search traffic than shorter keywords. However, there are still countless advantages to using longer keywords.
Because long-tail keywords are laser-focused on a specific niche, they tend to convert better. People are searching with intent more now than ever, using long keywords to find what they're looking for, meaning the use of long-tail keywords can benefit your business.
You are more likely to get targeted traffic to your website from long-tail keywords, which in turns means you are more likely to make a sale. If you can get the right people to visit your website, those visits can convert into sales, helping you make more and benefit tremendously from the addition of long-tail keywords in your content.
Long-tail keywords tend to have less competition because they're so niched, making it easier for businesses to gain a competitive edge and increase their visibility by ranking on search engines.
When you are using popular keywords, you will flooded against other competitors, potentially making it harder for consumers to find you even when you have optimized your content. It is one less thing to worry about when using long-tail keywords in your content.
Custom-Tailored to Your Niche
Unlike traditional keywords, long-tail keywords are more customizable and descriptive, enabling you to tailor them to your liking to connect with your audience.
Instead of targeting people who may be looking for a product or service related to your niche, you can get traffic to your site from people who are looking specifically for what you provide.
2. Creating Relatable Content
It is no longer just about creating high-quality content that adds value and offers information to the readers – it's also about being relatable and facilitating that connection between yourself and the consumers.
If you can create relatable, high-quality content, you can connect with your audience and build trust, making them more interested in doing business with your brand. It is about crafting humanized posts that make people feel like they are reading content from a friend or family member.
How to Create Relatable Content That Yields Desirable Results
If you want to create relatable content that yields the best results possible, these are a few things you can do:
- Share a real-life story – Don't be afraid to include real stories in your content. Consumers love when brands keep it real and are willing to be vulnerable. It is an excellent way to gain the trust of consumers.
- Create Content That Adds Value – Always offer something of value. To keep people engaged, you need to bring something to the table. Share tips, knowledge, secrets, and genuine advice that can make a difference in their lives.
- Use Long-Tail Keywords in the Mix of Your Content – While you can still use shorter keywords, incorporate some long-tail keywords into the content you are creating, including blog posts and social media posts, for consumers to see.
- Avoid Keyword Stuffing – While it is good to have keywords in your content, be mindful to not overstuff your posts with them to the point that they lack value. You want people to enjoy what they are reading, not wonder what point you were trying to make because nothing makes sense with all the keywords added to every paragraph.
3. An Emphasis on More Localized Content
Creating more localized content is an excellent way for businesses of all sizes to get ahead and increase their chances of ranking higher on search engines. If you want to position yourself for success, you should begin using more localized keywords to help people in and around your area find your business.
What Are the Advantages of Localized Content?
Localized content is the key to reaching the right group of people, no matter where they live or what language they speak. You can cater to the needs of more consumers when creating localized content.
- Reach the Right People – If you are trying to reach specific people with your content, you do not want to alienate anyone and make them feel left out. By localizing your content, you can make sure that it is available in different languages for people to view and understand.
- Provide a Solution to Those in Your Area That Could Use Your Services – If you run a local business, having localized content for your area is an excellent way to connect with people in and around your city who could benefit from your products or services.
- Gain More Foot Traffic – When you create localized content for the people in your city and state, you can increase foot traffic, which means more in-person business than before.
- Build a Positive Local Reputation – By focusing on localized content, you can build a positive reputation with consumers who appreciate your efforts. You can reach people in different places and in the language they prefer to speak, proving that you believe in the importance of inclusivity and diversity.
Easy Ways to Create Localized Content
If you want to create localized content, here are some of the simple steps you can take to get started.
01. Choose Which Markets You Wish to Target
Select the markets you wish to target based on what you are offering and which group of people can benefit most from those products and services.
02. Decide on the Right Content to Begin Localizing
Choose which types of content to localize and in which languages to reach your ideal audiences every single time.
03. Use the Best Translation Tools Available
Rely on high-quality translation tools to help with the creation of localized content, ensuring it is accurate and brings value to those who come across it.
With simple steps like these, you can create localized content and have it displayed to the right audiences whenever they visit your website.
4. Taking Advantage of Artificial Intelligence and the Experiences It Can Offer
Artificial intelligence only continues to become more sophisticated, allowing business owners to use it to their advantage to reach new audiences online.
How Can Artificial Intelligence Help with a Search Engine Marketing Strategy?
Because of advances in artificial intelligence, many are now using it to save time and effort while getting more done. These are just some of the ways it is possible to use artificial intelligence to optimize your website:
- Content Creation – Artificial intelligence text generators are becoming increasingly common. For example, you can use programs like Chat GPT to get ideas for content so that you are always posting something fresh, relevant, and engaging.
- Keyword Research – Instead of spending too much time and effort on keyword research, you can utilize AI-powered search technology to help you. Once you know which keywords to use, it becomes easier to for you to optimize your content.
By learning more about artificial intelligence and embracing it instead of fearing it, you can stay up-to-date with the latest trends, optimize your website with ease, and save more time in the process of doing so.
5. Featured Snippets
Reel consumers in using Featured Snippets, a technique that enables internet users to see a portion of the content on your website when they search specific words or phrases on Google.
How Can Featured Snippets Lead to Better Conversion Rates?
With Featured Snippets, you can garner the interest of people looking for answers to questions or details on products and services they are interested in buying.
If people can get a glimpse of the content that is included on your website, they will have a better idea of what to expect when visiting your site, which can encourage them to click on the link and browse through your content.
6. Better Backlinks
Backlinks can help you position yourself as an authoritative figure in a specific niche. Backlinks are used to prove to search engines that your site has some authority, especially when several other websites link back to the content you have included on your site.
How to Improve the Backlinks Used in Your Content
You can improve the backlinks by prioritizing the process of networking with others. Making the right connections and getting your content out there will make a difference in who comes across your website, enabling you to get more targeted traffic than before.
Build Better Connections
Focus on creating connections with like-minded professionals. You can begin networking on social media platforms, getting to know other business owners who would be willing to include your links in their content and vice versa.
Guest Post on Sites of People Within Your Network
Once you have started networking with others, you can ask to guest post on their site. Having a guest post on a popular website is an excellent way to drive more traffic to your own website.
7. Optimizing for Voice Search
With more people using hands-free devices to search for information with their voice, voice search is becoming increasingly common. Catering to these individuals can help you broaden your reach even further and connect with new audiences.
What Are the Advantages of Optimizing Your Website for Voice Search?
In a world where many are using their voices to control their devices, it only makes sense to take advantage of voice search and its endless possibilities.
Boost Web Traffic
With voice search optimization, it is easier for consumers to find you. When you make it easier for people to find what you are offering, you will naturally see a drastic increase in web traffic that leads to more sales.
Cater to New Audiences
Optimizing your website for voice search also means catering to new audiences, such as the people who regularly use voice commands to control their smart devices.
Rank Higher on Search Engines
Higher rankings lead to more website traffic. You may also get more targeted traffic to your site, meaning the people who view what you are selling are interested in what you have to offer and are more likely to buy it.
With these simple search engine marketing strategies, you can position yourself to get ahead.
As search engine marketing techniques continue to evolve and transform, staying on top of the trends will help you gain a competitive edge in any industry. It is easier to achieve search engine marketing success when you have a proactive plan in place, which includes incorporating long-tail keywords into your content, creating relatable content that readers can connect with, and even focusing more on localized content to extend your information to new audiences.
With practical, modern techniques, including the use of artificial intelligence, featured snippets, voice search optimization, and fully enhanced backlinks, I am confident that you will soon begin to see the efforts of your marketing strategy in action, gaining more traffic that converts.