In the new age, SaaS (Software as a Service) is becoming the standard business model. Businesses are now turning to SaaS as the cost of development, hosting, and maintenance is becoming highly competitive. Statistically, more than 60% of businesses are planning to switch to SaaS in the next few years.
However, the growth of SaaS doesn’t mean that SaaS companies do not face challenges in their growth or success.
SaaS marketing needs to be credible, engaging, interactive and descriptive for the audience to understand the product and connect with it.
This is where the role of video marketing comes into the picture. Since SaaS marketing takes place on digital channels, thus it is essential to use visual medium to market your product.
Having worked with some of the top SaaS companies in the world, we thought we would discuss:
Why should you use Video in your SaaS Marketing & Sales Process?
Video can be incorporated into the sales process to better engage customers, save time, increase conversion rates, and build customer loyalty.
Whether your business is a B2B or B2C, you need to invest in video marketing to boost customer attraction, improve engagement, and enhance sales. The importance of video content cannot be undermined.
Video content is becoming the best form of content marketing on digital channels as the attention span of audiences is becoming shorter and shorter.
As a SaaS provider, you need to make full disclosure to your customers about how your software works, how much it costs, and how it solves their problems preferably by SaaS video marketing.
- You need to tell them how much it costs for a basic subscription and how they can upgrade to a higher-tier service.
- If you are selling a complex product, the buyer will need to be trained. Using video, you can train your sales teams in a short time.
- You need to address customers’ pain points and resolve them as fast as you can.
You can solve most of the problems in your sales processes by implementing video for sales to help the sales team with better and more effective engagement with the customers.
Video marketing is a perfect way to make your audience aware about the characteristics of your products and its benefits.
A video is:
- Quick and easy to make.
- More personal than other types of marketing material.
- Shareable on most social media sites.
- An affordable way to market your product on the web.
- Easy for your customers and prospects to consume easily and comfortably.
- Easily accessible. All you need is decent bandwidth.
SaaS marketing has been revolutionized by video worldwide. However, it’s important to know the right ways to use SaaS video marketing to get the most out of them.
Importance of SaaS Video Marketing
1. Boost Inbound Engagement
One of the first advantages of video marketing is that you can send your prospects video sales messages instead of cold outbound emails. Why? Because prospects who make sales calls are eleven times more likely to close the deal.
Moreover, you can create video podcasts for your brand or your business. Video podcasts are highly effective and trending these days and help in engaging the audience and share vast information through interactive sessions.
2. Increase conversions:
When people are spoken to in a language they understand, it is far easier to sell to them. SaaS video marketing yields 3 times as many conversions as any other type of marketing. With video sales calls, you are more likely to convert the lead into a customer.
3. Boost customer retention:
SaaS video marketing has been shown to increase customer retention by 80%. You might be able to win a customer through marketing but it is essential that users understand your product. With video marketing, when a customer sees a product in action, this increases customer satisfaction, understanding, and retention.
4. Better Brand Relationships
Humans tend to engage better with visual content. Marketers can use videos to showcase the product value in a more interactive and engaging way. This way customers feel more connected to the SaaS brand, resulting in higher conversion rates.
5. Magnify Brand Awareness
Every video you produce is another piece of ‘content’ for search engines to find and index. This means you appear higher in search engines, which increases your SaaS brand’s awareness and overall sales.
Best SaaS Video Marketing Tips
It is crucial that your brand’s marketing messaging is aligned with your brand goals and objectives. Therefore, video marketing is a great way to convey the right message to your audience effectively and clearly.
- Videos should be highly engaging and interactive regardless of what you sell
- Be clear on what you want to achieve. If the goal is to build awareness then video should be made accordingly or if the goal is to drive action then it should be made accordingly.
- The information in the video should be easy flowing and directional instead of being cluttered..
- Length: The video should be under 3 minutes. It should convey the intended message without being too long or too short..
- Animation: Use interactive animations through text, music, and design to make the video interesting but do overdo designing as it will make the video complex.
- CTA: Don’t forget your video’s call to action-tell viewers what you want them to do next. Even the best videos can fail to produce the desired effect if you don’t tell your audience what steps to take next.
- Voice over: Having a clear voice over is important as that will help people understand your product better. Voice over artists or tools can help you add explanatory voice to your video.
1. For Training
Training videos are crucial for employees and sales teams to understand and explain the product better. Moreover, the employees or teams can watch these videos on their own time and location. These videos can also be personalized to make them more informative and engaging.
2. For Customers
Customer attraction, engagement, conversion and retention are the core objectives of any SaaS business. Achieving these objectives through digital mediums is highly challenging.
Customers also prefer consuming information in a more easy and engaging way. Therefore, videos can be the perfect solution as they are convenient for both brand and the customers. Moreover, they define the intent clearly and keep the audience engaged for longer duration.
3. For Product
Video for product promotions and marketing can be the perfect example of why video marketing is important for SaaS. Product videos can be helpful in highlighting the most important features or sharing product updates or creating a product explanatory video.
Product videos can be used in social and digital ad campaigns to drive better engagement and CTR. Moreover, these can be used during email campaigns and product onboarding to guide the users.
4. For Case Studies
Video case studies and customer testimonials are the most exciting and credible way to build brand social proof and highlight customer satisfaction. Short video testimonials can be added to the landing pages, blogs, and emails to build social proof for further engagement.
Furthermore, long case study videos can help in better explanation of how your product has helped the users and what impact it has made on their business. Moreover, a video shows a real person sharing their real experience which is more transparent and trustworthy than the text.
There are multiple ways to distribute your video content to the audiences. Most of them are easily accessible, shareable, and free of cost.
- It is a must that you upload your content on platforms like YouTube or Vimeo. These platforms offer free hosting and a wide range of audience.
- Publish your videos on website landing pages and blogs
- Share videos on social media platforms and email campaigns
- Cross-promote your videos by sharing it on other relevant partner platforms
- Host your videos on platforms like StoryXpress, Wistia, Camtasia, etc. for helping your internal teams
Video Marketing Tools
You can leverage various platforms and tools to enhance your videos, host your videos, and market your videos to your audience. These tools can help you provide one stop solutions for all your video needs.
Tools like StoryXpress, Wistia, etc. offer all-in-one video marketing and hosting solutions where you can screen record videos, edit your videos, host your videos, review video analytics, and personalize your videos for different audiences, campaigns, and goals.
B2B sales are complex but fascinating at the same time. If you are involved in sales, you are involved with people—talking to them, understanding them, and persuading them.
So, sales and marketing are all about PEOPLE.
“Approach each customer with the idea of helping him or her to solve a problem or achieve a goal, not of selling a product or service.”
That’s sound advice, isn’t it?